Open Access Control - Board is done!

In a fit of motivation, I got the PCB etched for the Open Access Control. I used the "Fab in a Box" process from this company and got pretty good results. I didn't have quite enough heat on my toner transfer and ended up having to do some re-work with a Sharpie, but it works.

Check it out:

I got the purple base color by boiling in liquid RIT dye concentrate for about 15 minutes.

Hopefully, the Shop Party this weekend won't keep me from at least getting the components on there over the weekend.


1 comment:

  1. The objective at this stage is not to make a good solder joint but simply to get some solder onto the leg and pad to hold the chip down to the board. electronicshacks Anthony's site has many videos that reveal exactly these kinds of valuable soldering tips.